Cispiano Chianti Classico DOCG
This wine, produced with our Castellina in Chianti grapes, is offered after numerous and careful processes. An elegant wine, but at the same time decisive and full of character. Balanced, pulpy and structured. Aged in barriques for a year, it expresses its best alongside ground dishes with strong flavors.
- Grape variety: Sangiovese 90% – Colorino 10%
- Vineyard age: 11 – 14 years
- Exposure: West
- Name of the vineyards of origin: Cispiano / Nuove
- Vineyard location: 450m above sea level
- Soil type: Alberese / Galestro
- Harvest: 20/9 – 5/10
- Production: 4500 bottles
- Aging potential: 20 years
- First year of production: 2001
- Yield per hectare: 75 HL
- Per strain: 1.00 KG Sangiovese 0.7kg Colorino
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Vinification: during the harvest, the selection of the grapes is strictly manual with the waste of the grapes too unripe and unsuitable, the destemming is done in compliance with the plot and the climatic season. In the cellar the vines are carried out separately and carefully in cryomaceration and fermentation at controlled temperatures for 12/15 days in steel tanks, to preserve and extract the primary aromas as much as possible and develop the softness that the future “Cispiano Classico” needs. Subsequently the wines are sent for malolactic fermentation, before aging for 12 months in French oak barriques. The blend is created after this step, giving life to the final wine which rests for about a year in steel.
Beginning with alcoholic hints, typical of structured and full-bodied wines, then very varied, with hints of red fruit, spices, vanilla.
|IN THE MOUTH||
Wine with structure and power, warm, sweet, very balanced and persistent.
"Cispiano Classico" goes very well with roasts, second courses of red meat, also elaborate, medium-high seasoned cheeses, dark chocolate desserts.
Serve at 18 ° C, decant about 30 minutes before tasting for better oxygenation.