The expression of the freshness of Sangiovese according to our idea. Manual selection of the grapes, controlled fermentation and aging in steel. The result is a fruity wine, slender but full-bodied, suitable for all occasions, easy to drink but to dwell on to discuss it.
- Grape variety: 100% Sangiovese
- Vineyard age: 8-27 years
- Exposure: South East
- Name of the vineyards of origin: Sotto Casa / Casciano
- Vineyard location: 260/320 m asl
- Soil type: mainly clayey
- Harvest: 15 / 9-25 / 9
- Production: 50000 bottles
- Aging potential: 5/7 years
- First year of production: 2001
- Yield per hectare: 100qli.
- Per strain: 1.8 kg
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Vinification: during the harvest, the grapes are selected manually with the waste of the grapes that are too unripe and unsuitable, the destemming is done in compliance with the plot and the climatic season. In the cellar, the vines are treated with a cryomaceration and fermentation at controlled temperatures for 8/12 days in steel tanks, to preserve and extract the primary aromas as much as possible and develop the softness that the future “solo” needs. Subsequently, the wines are sent for malolactic fermentation, before aging in steel for 6/8 months.
Pleasant with medium body and structure, savory with good olfactory return
13.5 % Vol
“Poggioponente” goes very well with cold cuts, cheeses, first courses, second courses of simple white and red meat.
Serve at 18 ° C
Bordeaux Grand Cru