Cispiano Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
This wine, produced with our Castellina in Chianti grapes, is proposed after long and careful processes and an aging of one year in barriques and one in 15hl barrels. A powerful wine, with a complex structure, opens with a range of red and black fruits accompanied by an important spiciness and completely integrated hints of toasted. This bottle lends itself perfectly to aging for years. If opened immediately we recommend decanting.
- Grape variety: Sangiovese 85% – Colorino 15%
- Vineyard age: 11 – 15 years
- Exposure: West
- Name of the vineyards of origin: Cispiano / Nuove
- Soil type: Alberese / Galestro
- Harvest: 20/9 – 10/10
- Production: 3500 bottles
- Aging potential: 25 years
- First year of production: 2002
- Yield per hectare: 50 HL
- Per strain: 0.9 Kg Sangiovese / 0.7kg Colorino
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Vinification: during the harvest, the selection of the grapes is strictly manual with the waste of the grapes too unripe and unsuitable, the destemming is done in compliance with the plot and the climatic season. In the cellar the vines are carried out separately and carefully in cryomaceration and fermentation at controlled temperatures for 15/20 days in steel tanks, to preserve and extract the primary aromas as much as possible and develop the softness that the future “Riserva” needs. Subsequently, the wines are sent for malolactic fermentation, before aging for 12 months in French oak barriques and then in 15hl barrels. The blend is created after this step, giving life to the final wine which rests for about a year in steel, and a year in the bottle (for the first 4 months on its feet, the rest lying down).
Intense and concentrated ruby.
Beginning with alcoholic hints, typical of structured and full-bodied wines, subsequently very complex of ripe red fruit, jam, spices, vanilla and licorice.
|IN THE MOUTH||
Excellent structure and gustatory balance with a persistent aftertaste where toasted and fruity notes are perceived.
“Riserva” goes very well with red meat dishes, braised meats, elaborate game and aged cheeses. It is an excellent meditation wine to be enjoyed with friends.
Serve at 18 ° C. decant about 30 minutes before tasting for better oxygenation.